Journal writing can be used as a powerful tool to help you accomplish your goals and objectives in life. Most people who are truly successful, engage in some form of journalizing. Here are 7 reasons you will want to keep a journal.
1. Journal writing helps you clarify and solve problems. Let’s say for example, that some nights when you get home from work you feel extremely fatigued. By journaling, you discover that the fatigue occurs on the days that you skip lunch and that by eating regular meals you can prevent the extreme tiredness.
2. Journaling is a way to keep your ideas and dreams alive until you can put them in motion. You may wake up in the middle of the night with a brilliant idea on how to earn extra money from home. Thankfully you have your journal on the nightstand so you can write down your money making idea. Many great ideas are lost because they were never written down.
3. Writing in a journal is a great way to help you discover your God-given destiny. What desires do you have on the inside of you? What talents do you have? What are your goals? What would your dream life look like? Write it down. As you read through your journals regularly you will see certain patterns emerge and it will give you insights into your calling.
4. Journal writing helps you remember important information. As you read books and listen to CD’s you will learn things that can help you succeed in your role as a wife, mother, entrepreneur etc. but the fact is- we only hold on to about 20% of what we read. Writing it down and reading it regularly will insure that you can retain and use this beneficial information.
5. It helps you organize thoughts that may be cluttering your mind. For example you may have an idea of how you want to decorate your house in a green and yellow leaf theme and because you don’t want to forget your great idea, you keep mulling it over in your head. If you write your ideas in a journal, then you can come back to them later. This will free your mind to focus on other things.
6. Journal writing helps you assemble your thoughts and express yourself when an opportunity presents itself. If you have written about a particular subject in your journal, it will be a lot easier to comment about it. Whether you are writing a letter to your sister or participating in a church Bible study, you will be able to communicate intelligently about the subject that’s being discussed.
7. Your journal can be a source of encouragement and motivation– write down compliments you received, goals you have reached, or good things that happened to you.
Journal writing is an effective means to help you achieve your God-given destiny but it will only work if you regularly write down the things that are important to you and read through them often. Why not buy a journal and get started today?
Lorene Troyer is a writer who inspires women to discover and fulfill their calling in life. She recognizes the Bible as the ultimate success guide and her goal is to help women be victorious in every area of life. Visit Lorene’s website at http://victorious-woman.com/