We all love to hang out with the ones we love, don’t we? Too often life gets in the way, and even if we live under the same roof, quality time together is rare and precious. How much more so for loved ones who live on the other side of town, or the other side of the state or even across the nation and beyond!
Now we have direct access through Him to the Father.
God wants you to include Him in your day to day life. He is always present in it- you just need to have the spiritual eyes and ears to detect His presence. How will He manifest Himself to you today?
- In nature like an extremely striking sunset, or in the beauty of a bright red cardinal singing on the tree limb outside your window when you are feeling down?
- In the words of a child, or a friend – the ones that pierce your heart?
- In that passage in Scripture you never really noticed before – and it seems it was penned just for you.
- In a song on the radio that brings you to tears. (Hopefully on the Christian radio station).
- In a sermon message that drops you to your knees.
- Or maybe a feeling you know is not from you that suddenly wraps you in warmth – like a Heavenly hug.
When my son was little, I’d hide a treat for him and his friends and they’d have to seek it out. They loved the search and anticipated what goodie would be on the plate when they found it. I’d place clues along the way, and each one lead them closer to the prize.
God is that way. Watch for Him. Plug in your spiritual bluetooth and listen for His soft whisper. Anticipate Him revealing Himself to you today as He leaves clues in your life, and then giggle and clap your hands like a child when you discover them.
No matter what happens today, God the Father loves you. You may disappoint Him, but He will never turn away from you if you have accepted Jesus as the Savior of your life. You can hang your hat on that fact.